Bilway Marine Ltd
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week.
Mon – Friday 7.30 to 4.30 ( one hour lunch).
*May include weekends in the event of emergencies.
Hourly Rate: National Minimum Wage based on age.
Job Placement Summary:
We service the Manchester ship canal clearing Debris to ensure shipping is obstruction free, we also maintain the vegetation along side the canal to ensure Navigations lights are visible. we provide Nav aid maintenance, this may include replacing and or fixing nav lights. In addition to this we offer access via water for numerous businesses. This may include moving materials along the canal, bridge repairs water access for divers etc.
What you will be doing:
- Greasing and cleaning machinery.
- Moving heavy objects around.
- Using various ropes, knots.
- Performing general maintenance duties like painting, cleaning and sweeping.
- Clearing vegetation, using industry standard equipment i.e., hedge cutters
- Clearing debris from the water.
- A chance to gain new skills and build your confidence.
- Guidance and training from experienced professionals.
- Valuable Experience to use on your CV.
- A new understanding of how canal maintenance works.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Physically fit.
- Able to perform manual labour in all weather conditions.
- Hard working.
- Positive and resilient.
The ideal candidate will live local to the Manchester area or have their own transport. Depending on their location either the Ops Manger or Ops supervisor can collect you providing you are local or an agreed pick up point.
To apply for this job please visit j.