Website Rauf Investment Ltd
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week.
Working Pattern: Hours worked Monday – Sunday.
Hourly Rate: National Minimum Wage based on age.
Job Placement Summary:
Biryani Box Club is an Indian takeaway based in Birmingham that sells delicious biryanis, burgers and Desi desserts. We are looking to hire friendly, positive and hard working kitchen assistants to join our team and help things run more smoothly due to increasing demand from our growing popularity. If you always give 100% at work and enjoy a busy environment to keep you occupied, you might be the right candidate for us!
What you will be doing:
- Properly cleaning and sanitising all food preparation areas.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organising and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Valuable experience working in a kitchen environment.
- Valuable skills gained in food health and safety you can use for future employment.
- A chance to gain new skills and boost your confidence in a workplace environment.
- Guidance and training from experienced staff to make sure you’re confident in your role.
- An opportunity to use this placement as a starting point to work your way up in a kitchen environment in the future.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience assisting in kitchens is advantageous but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations is desirable.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit j.