Website The Pit Stop NE
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week.
Working Pattern: Between 9am – 10pm, Monday – Sunday.
Hourly Rate: National Minimum Wage based on age.
Job Placement Summary:
The Pit Stop is a cafe & kitchen in Sunderland, we offer a variety of dishes served including daily specials. We also have a sister company – Sosta Italian Kitchen.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic.
- Washing utensils and dishes, making sure they are stored appropriately.
- Storing, sorting and distributing ingredients.
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking food, also helping to prepare salads and desserts.
- Disposing of rubbish.
- Organising linen laundry.
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- The opportunity to build and develop your confidence and skills.
- A new understanding of how a kitchen environment works.
- Guidance from professionals to make sure you can perform your tasks to a high standard.
- Training in food hygiene.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding of the importance of Health and Hygiene.
- Great team working skills.
- Previous experience in a kitchen environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- Efficient time keeping skills.
- Organised and hard working.
- The desire and ability to listen and learn in a busy environment.
To apply for this job please visit j.