Website The Fleece (Ruleholme) Ltd
25 Hours per week
Hours vary weekly between Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm.
National Minimum Wage based on age
Job Placement Summary :
The Fleece at Ruleholme is a beautiful new hotel, restaurant, pub, Lakeland Inn and Events Venue. A perfect venue for any Celebration, Conference or Wedding with great packages or bespoke to suit your budget. The Fleece bar offering a comfortable Cumbrian Country Inn feel with good food, Bridge restaurant offering mouth watering dishes.
We are looking to employ a highly efficient Kitchen Porter to perform all washing, cleaning and basic meal preparation duties required in our kitchen. The Kitchen Porter primarily responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness, basic food preparation, maintaining kitchen organisation, informing the supervisor when food supplies are low, and appropriately storing washed dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment. You should also be able to accurately measure ingredients as per the Chef’s instructions.
To be successful as a Kitchen Porter, you should display excellent communication skills and be able to follow instructions. Ultimately, an exceptional Kitchen Porter should adhere to food health and safety regulations while carrying out all kitchen duties.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Cleaning and sanitising all meal preparation areas as well as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and grills.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts.
- Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that food mixers, cookers, and other cooking equipment are in good working order.
- Receiving and unpacking all deliveries.
- Emptying, re-lining, and washing garbage cans as required.
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and organised.
- Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation, which includes washing, peeling, and cutting meal ingredients as per the Chef’s instructions.
There are no firm requirements for this position, but experience in the kitchen is highly valued.
What’s in it for you:
- First aid / Fire safety and Health and safety training provided.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity for full time work.
- Staff uniform provided.
- Appealing work environment.
To apply for this job please visit q.