Website Samuel Smith (Southern)
Founded in 1758
25 Hours per week
Hours vary weekly between Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm.
National Minimum Wage based on age
Job Placement Summary :
Samuel Smith Old Brewery, popularly known as Samuel Smith’s or Sam Smith’s, is an independent brewery and pub owner based in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, England. It is Yorkshire’s oldest brewery, founded in 1758, and one of three breweries in the town.
The Old Brewery is both the oldest brewery in Yorkshire and the only surviving independent brewery in Tadcaster. The smallest of the three modern-day Tadcaster breweries, Samuel Smith’s is one of the few remaining British breweries to employ the traditional Yorkshire Square system.
We are searching for organised, energetic kitchen staff to join our team. Kitchen Staff are responsible for storing ingredients and assisting with food preparation. You should also ensure that the kitchen and storage areas remain clean at all times.
To be successful as kitchen staff, you should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy in your work. Successful candidates will be able to perform well within a fast-paced environment.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Cleaning all dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the chef.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries.
- Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Packaging customers’ leftover food upon request.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing refuse on a regular basis.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures is beneficial
Experience in a similar role would be desirable but not essential
What’s in it for you:
- First aid / Fire safety and Health and safety training provided.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity for full time work.
- Staff uniform provided.
- Appealing work environment.
- Full training provided
- Free On-site parking available
- Discount on meals in any of our brewery’s
To apply for this job please visit k.