Website Ekota Academy Ltd
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week.
Working Pattern: Hours worked Monday – Sunday.
Hourly Rate: National Minimum Wage based on age.
Job Placement Summary:
Ekota Academy is a company passionate about youth and community work, helping young people through sports, based in Barking and Dagenham. We believe that by working in partnership with other agencies and organisations we will be able to support more young people and help them divert from crime and anti social behaviour by getting them involved in more positive activities in the community.
What you will be doing:
- Cleaning dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for the chef.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries.
- Storing ingredients.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Packaging customers’ leftover food upon request.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing refuse on a regular basis.
- The chance to work for a company that makes a difference in the community.
- The opportunity to gain new skills and build your confidence.
- A new understanding of how a kitchen environment works.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience in a similar position would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent organisational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit j.