Derry Tresk GAC
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week.
Working Pattern: Hours worked Monday – Sunday.
Hourly Rate: National Minimum Wage based on age.
Job Placement Summary:
Derry Tresk GAC is a Gaelic Athletic Association club in Tyrone. We are based in the townland of Derrytresk and our base is known as The Hill as reflected in our crest Fir an Chnoic (Men of the Hill).
We actively promote and support many other activities and events which operate out of our Community Centre, as we love seeing the town come together. If you have a strong sense of community and are a positive, hardworking person you may be the right applicant to join our team.
What you will be doing:
- Completing minor repair work, which includes repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles as well as replacing light bulbs, sockets, switches, and window glass.
- Performing basic plumbing tasks.
- Performing regular cleaning duties.
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming, and edging the lawn as well as shovelling snow and ice as required.
- Inspecting control panels and electrical wiring to detect any issues that require immediate attention.
- Taking inventory of maintenance supplies and notifying the Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment is in good working order.
- The chance to work for a company that loves supporting important causes.
- The opportunity to gain new skills and build your confidence.
- Experience that you can use on your CV forever.
- An opportunity to put your maintenance skills to work and enjoy the satisfaction of completed repairs.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Sound knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical wiring.
- General maintenance experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- The ability to safely operate hand and power tools as well as cleaning equipment.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
To apply for this job please visit j.