Website Dine & Slumber Ltd
Supporting local organic suppliers
25 Hours per week
Hours vary weekly between Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm.
National Minimum Wage based on age
Job Placement Summary
A primary focus for the team here at the Bathurst Arms was to create a food offer to support local organic suppliers with aim to raise awareness of the growing culture, supporting organic food and focusing on the impact we create through when farming soil for everything we eat. Adapting our eating habits and the sourcing of where our food comes from, is vital to protect the land we farm to feed ourselves.
Supported by the “Organic Served Here” scheme provided by the soil association, the Bathurst Arms is the first pub to ever achieve 5 star organic status. This badge means at any time over 95% of ingredients are sourced from certified organic farmers, producers and suppliers.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that safe catering principles are followed at all times.
- Maintaining and managing the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation.
- You will need to monitor and record temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets and serveries as directed by the chef in charge.
- Preparing, cooking food as directed by the chef in charge whilst complying to the food safety act.
- Maintaining portion control and presentation standards.
- And also ensure the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the chef
- The chance to use this placement to work your way up into a future career in catering.
- Guidance and training from experienced professionals to make sure you feel confident in your role and get the most out of your time at the placement.
- An opportunity to gain new skills and boost your confidence in a workplace environment.
- Valuable experience to use on your CV.
- A chance to work for a business that makes a difference by promoting food sustainability in the community.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work within a team environment.
- Be able to follow instructions accordingly.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Able to keep calm under pressure.
- Have high standards of hygiene.
- Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety Certificate.
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit i.